1. Is there a visa requirement between Russia and Armenia?
There is not a visa requirement between Russia and Armenia. Russian citizens need to have a valid passport to enter Armenia.
2. Is it possible use major credit cards like Visa, Master or other credit cards while shopping in Yerevan?
Yes, it is. Only the shops in Yerevan accept major credit card.
3. What is the unit of currency in Armenia?
The unit of currency in Armenia is the Armenian Dram (AMD) which has 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 5 000, 20 000 and 50 000 monetary units.
4. What religion do Armenians practice?
Armenia is one of the oldest countries in the world and it was one of the first countries that adopted Christianity as the State religion. Today, 90% of the Armenian population are followers of the Armenian Apostolic Church.
5. Where is the Armenian the Hoy See located?
The Holy See of Armenia is at Edjmiatzin. Here one not only finds the Mother Church and but the St. Gayane, the St. Hripsime and the St. Shoghakat Churches as well.
6. What is the weather like in Armenia?
Although Armenia is situated in the subtropics, the climate is mountainous and continental with hot summers, and cold winters. In January, the average temperature in the lowlands is−5 °C, and in July it is +25 °C; in the mountains it’s −6 °C and +20 °C. The minimal precipitations are 200-250mm in the lowlands and 700-900 mm in the highlands.
7. Is there any restriction in carrying foreign currency in Armenia?
There are no restrictions for carrying foreign currency for purposes of import and export as long as you fill out the customs declaration with the information and keep the said declaration until your departure from Armenia. $10.000 or more in US Dollars or its equivalent should be transferred by way of a bank.
8. Which are the working hours in Armenia?
Banks are open from 9:00 to16:00 Mondays through Fridays and on Saturdays some of the banks are open from 9:00 to 14:00. Currency Exchange offices are open from 9:00 to 22:00 or 24:00, sometimes they work on Sundays and holidays.
9. What is the telephone code number of Armenia?
10. What are the emergency phone numbers in Armenia?
General Emergencies – 1 12
Fire – 1 01
Police – 1 02
Ambulance – 1 03
“Yerevan gas” emergency services – 1 04
11. What are the most popular resorts of Armenia?
The most popular resorts are Sevan, Tsaghkadzor, Dilijan, Jermuk, Aghveran, Arzni, Vanadzor and others.
12. Where can one relax in Armenia during summer and during winter?
During summer you can relax at resorts in Sevan, Tsaghkadzor, Jermuk, Aghveran, and Dilijan.
During winter you can relax at resorts in Tsaghkadzor.
13. What kind of hotels are there in Armenia?
There are hotels ranging from a 2 Star to a 5 Star in Yerevan as well as in other cities and towns all over Armenia.
14. Where is it possible to exchange currencies?
One can exchange currencies in banks or in exchange booths.
15. What is the electrical voltage in Armenia?
It is 200 Volt, 50 Hz
16. Where can you buy souvenirs?
You can buy souvenirs in souvenir shops, boutiques, at the Vernisaj open market close to the Republic Square in Yerevan.
17. What is the traditional Armenian dish?
The most popular dishes: are the dolma, the harisa, the khash and the infamous Armenian bread best known as Lavash.
18. What transportation system can one find in Yerevan and the regions?
The minibus is the most common transportation method both in the cities and in the regions. Taxis, which have reasonable fees, are recommended for tourists.
Did you know that Armenia is the only country that celebrates Christmas on January 6th?